Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

where have all

the earwigs gone...lol

Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 20-Apr-2018 19:36 Message #4715546
I always used to have some on my washing line...not seen one for a few years..lol
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 20-Apr-2018 20:54 Message #4715553
Blimey, you must have used really tiny pegs...
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 20-Apr-2018 21:16 Message #4715554
Ladybirds have ousted them, we have them everywhere. They moved in the end of last year and stayed.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 21-Apr-2018 10:50 Message #4715578
You usually find them in sun flowers, that's why I don't grow them.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 21-Apr-2018 11:19 Message #4715585
They are waiting to infest my sweet corn. It is years since I have had them on washing . Maybe they don't like the synthetic fabrics? I think they don't hold the water like cotton and the earwigs go for the damp.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 29-Oct-2019 22:56 Message #4760947
Have you found your earwigs eurostar?
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 29-Oct-2019 23:04 Message #4760950
lol thanks just enough for my Halloween cauldron
Female
Sea  Female  Essex 30-Oct-2019 07:39 Message #4760959
Hi Victoriana, Like you I am plagued by ladybirds. At one time there would just be about half a dozen, who would hibernate over winter in the right hand top corner of window frame in Kitchen. Didn't mind as sat there quite happily, but a couple of years ago I started to get more and more, except these were inside the double glazing. I have wooden window frames with secondary glazing on top. They must have crawled through frames from outside and then become trapped. I think they had been hibernating and then waking up and obvioulsy going the wrong way.. Now have quite a collection to clear out. A job I keep putting off. I wish they had the sence, to find the crack in the window frame that they crawled through, to go back out the same way. Have also had them crawling all over the place in my conservatory, again wooden frames, but thnkfully sealed units, so not trpped between glass. As to earwigs they are still around. Hiding in th stalky bits when picking apples a couple of weeks ago. They do rather leap out at you.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »