Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Omid Djalili

nothing is sacred

Female
westlondonlady  Female  North West London 12-Jan-2018 21:00 Message #4709491
Also saw Omid Djalili last night at a small venue in central London. Think he's doing try outs for a tour of larger venues. He was lovely & very funny. He touched on politics, religion and culture to name a few topics, and was equally rude about each end of the spectrum in each of them. Great night out.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 12-Jan-2018 21:11 Message #4709494
He is pretty funny too, and has acted in a few things.

There is a funny clip on Youtube with him and Sean Lock. He has Sean Lock in stitches, and one of Sean's come back lines is so well timed.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 12-Jan-2018 21:16 Message #4709495
The link to the clip. You may have seen it.

https://youtu.be/gx7XDVjm0Qk
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 13-Jan-2018 10:00 Message #4709520
I like him too and have always found him funny, he was in Gladiator, the scene where Oliver Reed accuses him of selling him gay giraffes, apparently being a method actor Reed really did squeeze his balls and the pain isn't acted but real.
Male
Timmee  Male  Hampshire 13-Jan-2018 10:59 Message #4709527
I think I spotted the comeback to which you refer Tumbleweed:

"and f*ed off."

It was rather well timed. LOL
Male
Timmee  Male  Hampshire 13-Jan-2018 11:14 Message #4709530
P.S. I quite like Omid, but my fave comedian is Charlie Brooker. He was on Desert Island Discs on Friday. I didn't much like his music choices but if you listen on the I-player you can skip over those. I did not have that opportunity as I listened on Radio 4 at the time.

Obviously I was disappointed that he turned out to be really reasonable, fair-minded and humane in real life - but then you can't have everything.
Female
JEM95  Female  Oxfordshire 13-Jan-2018 11:38 Message #4709532
I saw Omid too a couple of years ago, in our little local arts centre. It was a warm up for a larger tour.

He invited questions on slips of paper from the audience and answered them at random, it was hilariously funny - very clever too.

A very good night out.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »