Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

car v bike

capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 7-Jan-2018 16:13 Message #4709045
why do cyclist keep crashing into cars?
it really must hurt?
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 7-Jan-2018 17:37 Message #4709051
Good question, as the cars move so much faster, you would think that they would be able to move out of the way, wouldn't you?
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 11-Jan-2018 16:21 Message #4709384
There's been a spate of accidents round here recently involving cyclists and motor cyclists, who ( in my opinion and others) take their lives in their hands when riding their bikes. They seem to think they are invincible and forget they have no protection round them as with a car, I see them weaving in and out of traffic and my heart is in my mouth sometimes. They are accidents waiting to happen.

For what its worth, I think cyclists should pay tax & insurance like motorists have to.
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 11-Jan-2018 17:15 Message #4709392
Many cyclists do have insurance since most of the cycling clubs out there include insurance as part of the membership.

Cyclists do pay tax, sort of, like many electric cars, they're zero rated.
Timmee  Male  Hampshire 11-Jan-2018 17:33 Message #4709393
I haven't crashed into a car myself but my best buddy crashed into a milk float a couple of years back.
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 11-Jan-2018 18:27 Message #4709398
Most cyclists do pay tax and insurance. They are car drivers aswell.
The_Jewess_Rebecca  Female  Herefordshire 12-Jan-2018 21:27 Message #4709497
If we put as much energy into planning for cyclists as we do into persecuting, harassing and killing them our streets would look very different.
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 13-Jan-2018 08:13 Message #4709507
Personally, I would like to see cycle training being compulsory at school. Not just the level 2 that is at Primary but on to the level 3 at Secondary. On top of that, when the 16 year olds start getting their mopeds the provisional licence only last for 6 months so they are forced to take a test if they wish to remain mobile before moving to cars. It could make a huge difference to road safety if a bike licence was a compulsory step before getting a car. Think there would much more consideration given to cyclists & motor cyclists if they have been there!

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »