Conversation Help and Advice
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Not my day

my blood is boiling

Female
Hantslady  Female  Hampshire 21-Dec-2017 18:16 Message #4708094
This morning my tack shed was broken into had harness saddle bridle wheelbarrow grooming kit headcollars and lots of other items stolen. The lock was forced which they have dumped somewhere. Has anyone got any advice how I can make shed more secure please? Right near Christmas cant afford to replace all of the stolen items. I am guessing will probably sell my things so will keep an eye out on sites for them offered for sale.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 21-Dec-2017 18:51 Message #4708097
Short of wiring the door knob up to the mains, or training a sleeping rottie to let them in, but not out, I don't know.

Could you alarm it. Would anyone be able to hear if the alarm went off?
Female
Phoenixnights  Female  Nottinghamshire 22-Dec-2017 19:05 Message #4708130
Some sort of security camera ?
Female
Madness102  Female  South Yorkshire 22-Dec-2017 19:25 Message #4708132
Also, if you have any car boot sales nearby might be worth a wander around - call police if u see any of your stuff - ask for police advice on shed security too.

sori for your bad luck - having had my van stolen in august I know EXACTLY how it feels.
Female
Hantslady  Female  Hampshire 22-Dec-2017 21:23 Message #4708136
Thankyou all for the advice. Police wont be taking any action as not enough man power and not of high value.

There are houses not too far away so alarm may be a good idea. At this time of year its common place to hear of break ins but I guess you never think it will be you they target.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 22-Dec-2017 22:28 Message #4708139
Security lights triggered by movement can be effective. The culprits don't like to be seen.
Female
Hantslady  Female  Hampshire 23-Dec-2017 15:13 Message #4708158
Update I have found all my pony gear it was dumped in hedges of farmers field nearby. Maybe whoever took it was planning on coming back for it sometime. I am delighted to have it all back and have increased the security on stables/tack shed. Going to be a merry Christmas after all.
Female
Helper icon Helper
LLstill  Female  South Yorkshire 23-Dec-2017 17:13 Message #4708161
Ahhh,so glad to hear you found your stuff.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 23-Dec-2017 17:36 Message #4708162
Glad you got it back, but what a strange thing to so.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 24-Dec-2017 08:13 Message #4708172
* "do"
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 24-Dec-2017 15:38 Message #4708188
when we had our JCB and auger nicked 3 years ago, the police didnt even come till the next day, and then they said the items were most prob stolen to order and would be out of the country by then anyway. They were both sizeable farm items too.

Security cameras are best idea I think. Every so often Lidls and Aldo sell them for under £35 for single camera which is ideal for average house. Because we have a large area layout, we had to have a whole set which cost a fortune but it sees to do the job.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 7-Jan-2018 19:38 Message #4709075
Just in case anyone is interested, today I was in Aldi and they have security cameras (individual ones) on special offer for just £9.99.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »