Conversation Help and Advice
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Gas hobs

need some suggestions

Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 19-Dec-2017 19:49 Message #4708033
I'm thinking of getting a new hob for the cooker, the one we have now is an older model, not that thats a problem, but I find it cramped and the metal thingies that the pans sit on slide about when I move pans around. I've looked at a few online and many have a wok burner which isn't something I'd use and some say they have flame effect, does anyone know what that means? We have a newish oven so I don't want to replace that too as its great, I just don't want to lose my food due to pans sliding off the rack or to burn the knobs because a large pan is sat on a highish heat and the flame spreads to near them.

Ta
Female
lucyjordan  Female  Tyne and Wear 20-Dec-2017 15:01 Message #4708055
Why not check online ? AO has loads of hobs, so do currys and Argos. Look at the catalogs from these places and check out the specifications. Then you can make a shortlist of those you might prefer and check out for real in the shops.
Female
Woosey  Female  North Yorkshire 20-Dec-2017 20:34 Message #4708069
Hen, I'm just looking on Which site at their Best Buys.
Have you a maximum amount you intend to spend on the job please?

Woo x
Female
Woosey  Female  North Yorkshire 20-Dec-2017 20:50 Message #4708071
Should say, on the hob not job.

I too have a gas hob but on Which site the electric jobs score a lot higher than gas. It was just a thought. Mind you, most of them are induction jobs so it would probably means new set of pans. After saying that, I got some super new stainless steel pans on a special offer and they are brilliant, also suitable for induction jobs.

X
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 21-Dec-2017 10:11 Message #4708080
I saw a beautiful looking one by smeg, but it was nearly 2k, its not so much the money as the size and the pan supports, I definately want a gas hob, sometimes our electric can be a bit dodgy on the island so I want gas in case I wake up to a power cut. I have had a look online and in curry's, the show rooms are limited in what they have and I like to see what I'm getting before buying, but theres a local place I will check out later.

I'd love new pans, if I won the lottery which I don't do, I'd go out and buy new pots and pans and crockery and stuff, just because I love it so much, but as it is I'm not allowed to buy any more unless its to replace something broken.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »