Conversation Health and Wellbeing
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

youre trainers

Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 2-Dec-2017 14:43 Message #4706942
youre trainers say a lot about you as a person,
so are you a baketball, xtrainer, runner etc?
are you a brand person or none brand?
if you do brands, what one?
Male
Eljer  Male  North London 2-Dec-2017 15:28 Message #4706951
I like to wear my brown merrell trainer boots when im out and about in the winter, in summer its nike plimpsoes or black slip on shoes.
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 2-Dec-2017 15:42 Message #4706954
No-one over the age of 50 should wear trainers unless running.
Male
Eljer  Male  North London 2-Dec-2017 15:45 Message #4706957
I run in short bursts.
Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 2-Dec-2017 15:56 Message #4706959
I must be the only bloke in the land that doesn't own a pair of trainers

A fact I'm quite proud of!! lol.
Male
Eljer  Male  North London 2-Dec-2017 16:02 Message #4706960
But do you own a pair of guns to go with your cowboy boots vanners lol
Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 2-Dec-2017 16:13 Message #4706961
eermm, not a pair elj lol

but, somewhere in the back of the wardrobe is a replica 'peacemaker' hand gun, complete with belt and holster,
from my distant past! lol. along with a couple of 'stetsons' lol ;-}
Male
Eljer  Male  North London 2-Dec-2017 16:16 Message #4706963
Blimey vanners, i never had you down for playing a violin, just shows ya done it lol
Female
Pickled  Female  Middlesex 2-Dec-2017 17:19 Message #4706968
My goodness! The room is full of grey silhouettes!
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 2-Dec-2017 17:29 Message #4706970
I don't wear trainers, I've never found any that fit and are comfortable.
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 2-Dec-2017 20:00 Message #4706982
I buy the cheapest that are comfortable.
Male
Timmee  Male  Hampshire 2-Dec-2017 20:24 Message #4706983
Is youre spelling as important as youre trainers? Or is it less impotent?
Female
V-J  Female  Staffordshire 2-Dec-2017 21:02 Message #4706984
Where do I start ???
For the gym - MBT running shoes.
For outdoor fitness walking - Salomon Trail Running shoes.
For work - Black MBT trainers (that look like shoes).
With my jeans - Adidas Superstars :-)
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 3-Dec-2017 09:35 Message #4706994
I was told to throw my beloved Pinkish trainers ( from the Avon ) in the dustbin by my physio therapist as the sole was far too squashy and made my feet turn inwards . I am left with my gym trainers , make unknown and no logo on them , but considered o.k by therapist .

I also bought a pair of bright rose velvet trainers with silk laces with glittery rhinestone stars and Christmassy sequins .
make: Betsey Johnson . For indoor party wear only to go with the purple and red of the Red Hatters! .
What does that tell about me apart that Leogirl may be a bit " different" in her later years.

Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 3-Dec-2017 09:36 Message #4706995
I’m so push I go jogging in corduroy trousers and Brogues. A trainer is just a plimsol.
Male
Coronto  Male  Devon 3-Dec-2017 10:12 Message #4706998
For badminton I have a pair of Reebok court shoes and only change into these upon arrival at the court.

For walking I have a pair of Nike that I thought were expensive around £120 however 30+ months on still going strong & should get another winters wear out of them, so on reflection they've been worth the money.

I have two pairs of work boots & one pair of formal shoes & a pair of casual shoes & that is my footwear collection in its entirety
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 3-Dec-2017 10:30 Message #4707000
Are court shoes the ones with a thicker heel but not as high as traditional “high heel” shoes?
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 3-Dec-2017 10:49 Message #4707005
"For walking I have a pair of Nike that I thought were expensive around £120 however 30+ months on still going strong & should get another winters wear out of them, so on reflection they've been worth the money."

Not sure I could ever pay that amount for a pair of trainers. The pair I use now for general purpose footwear, are now 3+ years old and cost me less than £30 if i remember rightly.
Female
V-J  Female  Staffordshire 3-Dec-2017 10:59 Message #4707009
I never thought I'd shell out huge amounts on trainers or shoes, until I tried MBTs... the curved soles significantly reduce the discomfort caused by lower back and sciatic nerve problems for me. I consider the money well spent if it means I don't have to rely on painkillers and chiropractic treatment to keep me moving !
Female
JEM95  Female  Oxfordshire 3-Dec-2017 11:17 Message #4707012
I have a pair of blue suede trainers to wear with jeans (I don’t wear them very often), and a pair of Skechers Lite Walk - but I find them too squishy soled, so I only wear them to Pilates then take them off when I get there.

For walking I have Salomon walking shoes - they were quite expensive to buy but are so comfortable and last for ages, been buying the same model for years - I walk about 50 miles a week with my hound. They are my favourites :-)
Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 3-Dec-2017 11:29 Message #4707014
tsunami-No-one over the age of 50 should wear trainers unless running.

is that the law ?
Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 3-Dec-2017 11:30 Message #4707015
I must be the only bloke in the land that doesn't own a pair of trainers

dont you get cold in bare feet vanners?
Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 3-Dec-2017 11:41 Message #4707019
My goodness! The room is full of grey silhouettes!

never heard of them pickled, are they nike??
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 3-Dec-2017 18:40 Message #4707039
I love trainers...

I've always been a Nike man, especially Nike Shox. I've had countless different designs over they years, my most favourite one were a pair I got from NikeiD, where I had my own customised, personalised pair of shox made. That was about 9 years ago, they were around £300 at the time, I still have them... the dog chewed them when he was a puppy, they are in my gym locker, only used for the gym. The Shox aren't the best trainers for purpose, but the look amazing.

At Xmas I'll be waiting for a sale somewhere and I'll buy two more pairs of shox type trainer, one for the gym and one for out and about.

I also have two pairs of Adidas trainers, bought for me by a lovely friend and another by my brother.
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 3-Dec-2017 18:40 Message #4707040
I love trainers...

I've always been a Nike man, especially Nike Shox. I've had countless different designs over they years, my most favourite one were a pair I got from NikeiD, where I had my own customised, personalised pair of shox made. That was about 9 years ago, they were around £300 at the time, I still have them... the dog chewed them when he was a puppy, they are in my gym locker, only used for the gym. The Shox aren't the best trainers for purpose, but the look amazing.

At Xmas I'll be waiting for a sale somewhere and I'll buy two more pairs of shox type trainer, one for the gym and one for out and about.

I also have two pairs of Adidas trainers, bought for me by a lovely friend and another by my brother.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »