Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Fortitude

Not What I Expected

Male
Timmee  Male  Hampshire 22-Sep-2017 19:04 Message #4701486
I'd seen the trailers for the first series. I'd see. the cast (Sophie Grabol, Stanly Tucci, Michael Gambon etc.) and had assumed it was simple mix of politics, financial skulduggery, relationships, and murder in a closed community. I got the box set and ...Boy did I get a surprise!
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 22-Sep-2017 19:05 Message #4701487
Did you enjoy it? I loved it, a sort of Scandi X-Files.
Male
Timmee  Male  Hampshire 22-Sep-2017 19:29 Message #4701489
Yes - I like the cast, but it's a bit wierd. I thought Stanly Tucci's appearance was a wasted opportunity. I love the dynamic between cutie Badger Boy and his female colleague. Dan and the mayor are great. I could all have worked just fine - even without the wierd stuff.

I think my fave Scandi of the last year was 'Trapped' - the Icelandic drama. In fact that was kind of what I was expecting from Fortitude base on the trailer I saw.
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 22-Sep-2017 19:39 Message #4701491
It had its moments. Michael Gambon' s best line was the one used in the trailers, "I shot him dead. Bang!" other than he and the other names were probably why at that time, 2015, it was SKY Atlantic's most expensive show.
I have season 2 recorded but have yet to catch up with it, hopefully there'll be some answers.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 23-Sep-2017 01:56 Message #4701504
So what was surprising about it?
Male
Timmee  Male  Hampshire 23-Sep-2017 11:08 Message #4701517
Ahh... that would be telling, but it's sort of a wierd horror rather than being a straight police who-dunnit mystery drama.
Male
Timmee  Male  Hampshire 3-Oct-2017 11:18 Message #4702297
Finished it - liked it. But wierd. Dan's back. :-)
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 3-Oct-2017 11:33 Message #4702302
I've still go the second series to watch as Manthing got lost part way through the first series and gave up on it.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »