Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

It The Film.

Send in the clowns.

Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 17-Sep-2017 09:37 Message #4701084
I see the remake of the film " IT " is upsetting clowns, they suggest they are losing bookings because of the horror film, are clowns being a bit sensitive it's only make believe after all.
I will be watching the film myself but won't be going to the circus, do you like clowns.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 17-Sep-2017 12:16 Message #4701110
First of all how did they manage to condense a book like "IT" into a film, the book is about 800 pages or so.

Like circuses I thought clowns were a dying breed anyway.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 17-Sep-2017 13:11 Message #4701118
The book is usually better barney, visual is probably easier in a condensed form, but nothing like using ones imagination.
Plenty of clowns still around though.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 17-Sep-2017 18:23 Message #4701132
I read the book years ago and the reason it was so long was that there was a long build up to the final which is why I can't see it transferring to film but I maybe wrong.

"Plenty of clowns still around", tell me about it lol.
Male
Timmee  Male  Hampshire 18-Sep-2017 10:38 Message #4701159
Loved the book - will probably catch the film some time. I'm prepared to be disappointed as it's rare for a film to live up to the book.
I thought 'Atonement' was amongst many honorable exceptions to that rule.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »