Conversation The Forum
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Do you remember faces?

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 2-Jun-2017 22:47 Message #4690834
I often meet people who appear to know me quite well and call me by name but I haven't got a clue who they are. Sometimes the face looks familiar but I can't put a name to it.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 2-Jun-2017 22:52 Message #4690836
"Do you remember faces?"

i have a very poor memory if they are claiming to be pregnant ;¬)
Male
Wry  Male  Norfolk 3-Jun-2017 05:02 Message #4690847
Ronnie Wood, Rod Stewart and three members from the Small Faces.
Male
Argonaut  Male  Lancashire 3-Jun-2017 05:52 Message #4690849
I have a very poor memory for faces but it seems I have a very good face for other people's memories.

Jason.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 3-Jun-2017 06:07 Message #4690852
I always remember faces but cannot always recall their names.
Female
Agate  Female  Hampshire 3-Jun-2017 06:40 Message #4690855
I always used to be able to remember face and names of anyone I had had even a short conversation with (my ex had a poor memory and heavily relied on me for that). In the past few/couple of years, for various reasons - age included - I no longer give a toss and generally forget both, unless something said or done has triggered my curiosity.
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 3-Jun-2017 11:19 Message #4690877
I am an embarrassment when it comes to remembering names and faces. It is difficult to make friends if you can not remember names, for there is nothing friendlier than someone saying , " Hello ( name ) how nice to see you again , how are you keeping? "
People often remember me because of my accent .
the worst thing is that, because I can not remember names, I shy away of approaching people and give the impression of being indifferent to them.

leogirl
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 3-Jun-2017 11:38 Message #4690882
I remember faces most of the time, but they tend to be dog faces, if someone I see when out with the dogs says hello to me in a shop or somewhere I can remember their dog but not so often the person on the other end of the lead.
Male
johnlock  Male  Essex 3-Jun-2017 12:13 Message #4690888
I can usually remember faces but I'm terrible with names. I'll probably have to have my own tattooed on my wrist before long!

Regards
John
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 3-Jun-2017 12:31 Message #4690893
It happens quite a lot when I see a face out of context type thing.

It could be anyone, you don't perhaps know their name, but you recognise the face, but can't work out where from.

I can spend ages trying to work it out, it is terrible when you can't get it, but a great feeling when you crack it. For example, the person you have just recognised walking around the supermarket, but can't place who they are, turns out to be someone who works in the library in town. That moment when it finally dawns is pretty exhilarating.
Male
Wry  Male  Norfolk 3-Jun-2017 12:31 Message #4690894
Seagoon: All right then, what's your name?
Eccles: Oh, the hard ones first, eh? Ah, my name. It's right on the tip of my tongue.
Seagoon: Stick it out then.
Eccles: Ahg.
Seagoon: Ah, yes, "Fred Smith, Esq." So, you're Fred Smith Esquire.
Eccles: No, that's the name of my tongue.
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 4-Jun-2017 09:05 Message #4690956
I'm good with names and faces. I meet a lot of parents and children at the schools and new clients at work and usually get all the names right.
Female
Infinity67  Female  Cornwall 4-Jun-2017 22:09 Message #4691048
I used to be good with names, faces, phone numbers etc.

Today my memory for faces is usually good but names...

I even have the odd blank on friends names
Female
Sea Urchin  Female  Essex 5-Jun-2017 14:08 Message #4691090
Whe n it comes to remebering faces I am with tumbleweed on this one. I can recognise faces but then don't know from where, especially if wearing their own clothes when usually in work clothes/uniform.

Female
pollypops  Female  Merseyside 6-Jun-2017 12:52 Message #4691137
Me too I can never remember peoples faces and Im bad at temembering names too but people remember me. Its very strange lol x
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 6-Jun-2017 19:54 Message #4691180
I'm absolutely great with faces but putting a name to them is another thing :(

Andy Mac
Female
Bramble  Female  Hampshire 7-Jun-2017 19:55 Message #4691275
Heelo Andy - now there is a face and name never to be forgotten (hugs xx)
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 9-Feb-2019 07:18 Message #4734882
I have recently been recognised by two people who obviously know me quite well but - I haven’t a clue who they were and after talking for a while had to ask them - a bit embarrassing really.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 9-Feb-2019 19:37 Message #4734921
I am pretty good at remembering names and faces - after all I recognised Minnie on the telly a few years back...lol..lol...lol
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 10-Feb-2019 00:13 Message #4734941
Rather a bit late with my reply but Hello Bramble and yes your name will always be remembered to your face after you organising that wonderful meet on the sailing ship "The Lord Nelson" what a wonderful day that was sailing on the solent :)

I have recently met a few people on my weekly visit to the supermarket who's faces i recognise but i couldn't remember there names for love nor money :(

Andy Mac

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »