Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

VALENTINE'S CARD DELIVERY SERVICE 2017

1 2 3 Next >  Last >> 

Female
PollyValentiniusPoppy  Female  Worcestershire 8-Jan-2017 19:22 Message #4672385
Hi All

'tis I, donning my Cupid's Postie cozzie once again, in a ceaseless attempt to get MSE romancing! It has been said that MSE is more of a friendship than a dating site but that isn't altogether true and, in any event, it's up to US to bring about a change. If there is someone that YOU admire/fancy the pants off but don't have the nerve to contact them direct, now is your chance to let them know with a REAL Valentine's card. Virtual gestures simply can't compare to the real thing.

I'm sure most of you know how my service works but for those who haven't taken part before or those who are new to this Site, it's a totally confidential service. All recipients names/addresses are for my eyes only and are deleted once the cards are posted - senders identities are never revealed to the recipients. If you want to reveal your identity/give a clue on the card, that's fine but my lips are sealed.

I realise that some people are wary of giving out their name/address details to a stranger (ie ME) but I'm sure that everyone who's taken part in previous years would confirm that their details have never been misused. Over the years, countless participants have been given my address, so it's not one-sided.

All you need do is send me a message naming the recipient(s) of your choice (yep, you can send as many as you like), I'll then contact the recipient to establish whether he/she is willing to take part. If it's a 'yes', I'll let you know and at that time give you my name/address details so you can send the card(s) to me for onward posting to your recipient(s).

It's all a bit of fun. It doesn't matter what your reason is for sending a card - to show admiration, as a mark of friendship or - my absolute favourite reason - cos you fancy the butt off someone! Okay, it will cost you double postage as I do ask that you stick a stamp on both the envelope you send to me, plus the card(s) enclosed.

So, come on folks, let's get MSE romancing! Send someone a card and make their day - you ever do know where it may lead and you won't get another chance until this time next year!

Polly Valentinius Poppy
Cupid's Postie
X x X
Spam.
Male
Argonaut  Male  Lancashire 8-Jan-2017 20:12 Message #4672393
Pollypops,

Can I send you 1/2 doz. S.A.E.s just in case any of my admirers forget to put a stamp on me card?

Jason.
Spam.
Female
PollyValentiniusPoppy  Female  Worcestershire 8-Jan-2017 20:32 Message #4672395
Blimey, you don't hang about Davina! Good on yer, I look forward to receiving your instructions.

Polly
X
Female
PollyValentiniusPoppy  Female  Worcestershire 8-Jan-2017 20:33 Message #4672397
S'ok Argo. I thought I'd send yours by drone!

PollyPops
X
Spam.
Female
CURVACIOUSLOU  Female  Dorset 8-Jan-2017 21:00 Message #4672406
hi polly is it that time of year already
Male
The_Snow_Covered_Fool  Male  Cheshire 8-Jan-2017 21:34 Message #4672415
Well done again Polly.

Chris.
Male
johntf  Male  Lancashire 8-Jan-2017 22:57 Message #4672424
Always wondered who sent me a Valentines Day card when Tracy did this a few years ago as i never found out?
Do not come on here as much now.
Female
PollyValentiniusPoppy  Female  Worcestershire 8-Jan-2017 23:24 Message #4672431
Hello CURVACIOUSLOO, it certainly is, though it really doesn't seem a year since I did the last Valentine's thread.

Hope you'll take part.

Polly
X
Female
PollyValentiniusPoppy  Female  Worcestershire 8-Jan-2017 23:24 Message #4672432
Thanks Snowy!

Polly
X
Female
PollyValentiniusPoppy  Female  Worcestershire 8-Jan-2017 23:32 Message #4672433
Blimey, Cupid's Postie doesn't live on here Davina, my sweet.

I'm not sure who you sent your message to but there's no little brown envelope from you in my inbox. Must be them pesky cyber monkeys intercepting the post again!

If you do want to send me a request message, simply click on my pic, which will take you to my profile page, scroll down and click on 'Send Message', type message and hit 'Send'.

Polly
X
Female
PollyValentiniusPoppy  Female  Worcestershire 8-Jan-2017 23:38 Message #4672434
Hello johntf

I've never understood why people send a Valentine's card (in the hope of kindling romance, one assumes?) without signing it or at least giving a MAHOOSIVE clue! Blimey, as well as adding me name, I'd be chucking a few poppy seeds into the envelope and maybe a coupla teabags OR a few feathers. Some folk see Polly endlessly putting on t'kettle, others envisage a parrot! Anyway, the recipient would be in no doubt as to the sender!

Nice to see you!

Polly
X

Male
Argonaut  Male  Lancashire 9-Jan-2017 07:12 Message #4672459
Davina,

I wondered who'd pick up on that - not the usual culprit I'd assumed it would be - well done!

Jason.
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 9-Jan-2017 13:42 Message #4672524
Hi Sis, Looks like i'd better get my poetic head out of the cupboard, thats if i can find it again as its been a cole of years since i last used it ;-) lol

Hey Argonaut, i thin Davina has metamorphosed back into hermit ;-) lol

Andy Mac
Female
PollyValentiniusPoppy  Female  Worcestershire 9-Jan-2017 17:12 Message #4672542
Hello my lovely bruv

Yep, it's been a while since you took part in my Valentine's card service. It's about time you got yourself a lovely lady, so get that poetic head of yours located, dusted orf and decide who's gonna be the recipient of your card!

Pol
X x X
Female
PollyValentiniusPoppy  Female  Worcestershire 9-Jan-2017 22:07 Message #4672588
You know, it doesn't matter how many times I do this Service, when you lovely Valentiners start sending me messages naming your lucky recipients, I still feel as excited as I did way back in 2012 when I did the first one!

I'm pleased to report that I've already received a number of PMs - excellent!

Thank you!

Polly
Cupid's Postie
X
Male
johntf  Male  Lancashire 10-Jan-2017 19:41 Message #4672765
Polly,

All i found out she lived down south and that was it.
Maybe she was just an admirer who did not want me to find out who she was?
I tried to find out but she did not want it known the sender.
John
Male
Shrimpballs  Male  North London 11-Jan-2017 12:00 Message #4672827
I fancy a bit of posh totti, well, more than a bit mmm
Female
CURVACIOUSLOU  Female  Dorset 13-Jan-2017 18:35 Message #4673222
Course i will take part!

Lou
Female
Bewildered  Female  Norfolk 14-Jan-2017 10:08 Message #4673275
Well done Polly

I have been lucky enough to received a few cards. One is still a mystery ?
Female
PollyValentiniusPoppy  Female  Worcestershire 14-Jan-2017 12:49 Message #4673293
Thanks Bewildered. Over the years, I think a few people have pondered re the sender of their Valentine's card.

Hope all is well with you weather-wise!

Polly
X
Male
Shrimpballs  Male  North London 23-Jan-2017 16:29 Message #4674658
It seems like everyone is hooked up lol
Female
wholelottakaren  Female  Lincolnshire 24-Jan-2017 17:23 Message #4674763
Appearances can be deceptive

1 2 3 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »