Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Amnesty

Or maybe I have grown???

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Male
zen  Male  Cornwall 25-Dec-2016 06:25 Message #4670552
Ok this post is I guess two fold firstly are good cooks primarily men and secondarily should I unblock those blocked on my blocked list ant to the both questions WHY???
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 25-Dec-2016 07:04 Message #4670557
No, no reason needed

and no, I would rather you didn't
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 25-Dec-2016 07:15 Message #4670563
The good cooks in my life have primarily been women...

As for unblocking and why you should unblock them...ask yourself why you blocked them...and does that reason still apply?
Male
zen  Male  Cornwall 25-Dec-2016 07:23 Message #4670565
NigelInDevon I guess I have grown and the red pill/feminism has had some kind of influence has had some kind of influence on my mind set.

Hope this appeases some I have grievously wronged over the years?
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 25-Dec-2016 09:21 Message #4670586
I would never judge anyone for using the block button. It saves wasting precious energy on people who get on your nerves and life is far too short for getting all hot and bothered. After all, there is only one person on here who had more people on block than I did at one time, so who am I to judge?. I unblocked them all a while ago and discovered that the vast majority had either left or been booted, in the meantime.

Actually, this thread tickled me. Are there so few of us left and have we all become so short of people to talk too that even former foes are speaking again? Even the slightly unhinged woman on another thread, who had me permanently on block in a former incarnation, has run out of people to get herself all cross and petulant with, has unblocked me so that she has someone to address her bonkers ramblings to. Now that is a sign of desperation. lol
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Dec-2016 12:54 Message #4670621
UUUmmm ... unblock 'em all...
Male
zen  Male  Cornwall 25-Dec-2016 13:14 Message #4670623
Done Victoriana11.

Merry Christmas
Male
Samuel  Male  Buckinghamshire 2-Jan-2017 15:56 Message #4671397
firstly i have know guys who sre really good at cooking and enjoyed it, but found women who when opon finding a man who cooks better will invest no time in such things...as for my view it should be something that is shared btween partners

if they were rude to you then you should Stick to your guns! unless the apologise for the comments...or actions else or all you are doing is reinforcing their belief that they were right in the first place.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 2-Jan-2017 17:53 Message #4671412
I was, as it happens.
Male
Samuel  Male  Buckinghamshire 2-Jan-2017 21:24 Message #4671444
...sorry which?
Male
Wry  Male  Buckinghamshire 3-Jan-2017 02:44 Message #4671464
I'm primarily a man and a good cook, but I'm not statistically significant. It's an interesting question, so why has no one else replied?
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 3-Jan-2017 08:18 Message #4671468
Quite possibly because you are looking at the total membership of MSE on this thread already.
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 3-Jan-2017 09:37 Message #4671478
I left the cooking of Christmas lunch to my son ... and I had a Buzz Fizz and a couple of glasses of wine while I watched and we chatted and laughed.

My late husband did most of the cooking.

Now why did I leave the cooking to the men? Because I am a lazy mare? Well, maybe! But really because they are/were better at it than me. I'm good at cleaning up afterwards, though! Play to one's strengths!

As for blocking, I've never blocked anyone and don't know if anyone has ever blocked me. Life is too short. However, if anyone is really nasty, it is a reflection of them not me and I would hope people who know me (and those that don't to a lesser extent maybe), would see that. So unblock ...let those people who have got up your snout, dig their own graves!!!
Male
Dustybin  Male  Suffolk 3-Jan-2017 09:41 Message #4671480
Maybe nobody gets up your nose as they know you come from Glasgow and no-one wants a 'Glesga kiss!'

Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 3-Jan-2017 10:58 Message #4671486
Actually, Dusty, I don't come from Glesga ... I originate from Kilmarnock. Near enough, though ... and so proud of my Scottish roots.

Maybe I do give out the threat of a potential Glesga kiss ... but you know I am really a pussy cat!

Did you have your steak pie at New Year?
Male
Dustybin  Male  Suffolk 3-Jan-2017 11:10 Message #4671488
Yes. It was disappointing!
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 3-Jan-2017 11:25 Message #4671489
Bummer, Dusty!
Male
Samuel  Male  Buckinghamshire 3-Jan-2017 13:31 Message #4671501
lol
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 5-Jan-2017 11:58 Message #4671722
I know many people of both genders who are good cooks, I think whoever it is in a relationship who enjoys cooking gets to do most of it, especially if one dosen't like cooking. But then they're often happy to do something else, like washing up, tidying or the laundry, as long as tasks are done equally between a couple and not all of the business of looking after a home is left to one person it's ok.

One thing I have noticed though, is a difference to the way men and women can view cooking, I'm not saying this is all by any means, just some. I've noticed a lot of men who love to cook, love to cook when they've got lots of time, an occasion to cook for, such as a dinner party and they will spend lots of money of equipment and gadgets as well as on ingredients. This is great, but they leave the cooking of everyday dinners to their partner, churning out dinners when you're hungry and knackered, for people who are hungry and not that interested because they've got somewhere to be gets a bit soul destroying and a creative dampener
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 5-Jan-2017 12:09 Message #4671724
I had a real gem of a husband, WH ... he would insist on doing all the cooking and cleaning at weekends because he said that it must get very tedious for me doing the same thing every day. (I was a stay at home wife/mum.)

(I'll Never Find Another You by The Seekers comes to mind!!)
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 5-Jan-2017 17:31 Message #4671767
I really miss having no-one to cook for. If you put the cuddles and the physical closeness of a relationship to one side for a moment, the cooking and dining together is the thing I miss most about being single. I love cooking and it relaxes me and I can't think of anything nicer than making a nice meal for the one I love. Just a soppy old thing, me.
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 5-Jan-2017 17:36 Message #4671769
Most of the good cooks I know are women. i'm not very good myself but I only have to impress two children under the age of fourteen.
Never blocked anyone and don't think I have been blocked. If I had I might relent for the new year lol.
Spam.
Spam.
Spam.

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »