Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Your dating has now become serious.

Debt

1 2 3 Next >  Last >> 

Female
JohnsGirl  Female  Bedfordshire 26-Oct-2016 22:30 Message #4662618
You have been dating for a while now your relationship is on a more serious level.
Some how you find out they owe money or something else.

They dont know you know what do you do.
Will it change things ...will you still stay together..will you tell them.

I was dating someone who owed a lot of money. He was also stealing car parts from the car place/garage he was working at to sell to pay the debt off. I found out by accident after a bit of digging got the proof. There is no chance I would put up that. I reported him to his boss. I said I was going to go to the police. His boss said not to as they want to catch him out. Which they did they also found out he stole £20.000 as well over the years.He had been working there 30yrs. He was taken to court needless to say I was him right out of my hair.

So what would you do or has this happened to you.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 26-Oct-2016 22:56 Message #4662622
I think you did the right thing. I would have done the same. I hate dishonesty.
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 27-Oct-2016 06:45 Message #4662637
Not sure I would worry too much about debt. As already entioned it is the dishonesty that would cause me a problem. Not sure i would have gone as far as reporting the behavior to the boss but i wouldn't be interested in developing a relationship with a thief!
Male
Argonaut  Male  Lancashire 27-Oct-2016 07:55 Message #4662638
I know you did the right thing reporting him to his boss - and dumping him.

One or two minor misdemeanours I probably could forgive - after all, who of us is perfect? But serial theft - No!

As for the debt - it depends how and why it was incurred and what, if any, impact it would have on us as a couple.

Jason.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 27-Oct-2016 11:24 Message #4662653
I agree Jason, most people have a mortgage, a credit card, a loan for a car or something similar. Dishonesty I couldn't cope with. I will never have a joint account with anyone ever again, and its one of the reasons why I will never marry again, I never want to be held responsible for anothers spending.
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 27-Oct-2016 11:39 Message #4662655
JohnsGirl 26-Oct-2016 22:30
You have been dating for a while now your relationship is on a more serious level.
Some how you find out they owe money or something else.
They dont know you know...

How, "some how found out".
Sounds like been rooting around in his private papers, or something else.
Why not just ask first what's the story rather than becoming all Inspector Who The Fcuk, and carrying out your own vendetta.
What were you a bit p155ed orf that your own moral compass must have been out that you got into a "more serious level" relationship with someone that you clearly didn't know.
Just asking like!!!
Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 27-Oct-2016 11:57 Message #4662661
i think 20k is chump change compared to the money that was bieng falsley claimed by certain mps,

i think i would have got a new set of wheels for the q8 and a few other bolt on bits , i really fancy one of them flashing gearknobs too, lol
Female
JohnsGirl  Female  Bedfordshire 27-Oct-2016 18:44 Message #4662828
How, "some how found out".
Sounds like been rooting around in his private papers, or something else.

NO D-2016 I didnt go scratching or routing through any of his things papers or otherwise so get off your soap box.
For your information I asked him several times for the receipt he would not give it to me and would not discuss it. Pretty obvious there was something to hid.

D-2016 there is a place you called the internet. With the right resources you can find anything or anybody. From there I made a couple of calls and spoke to another person a WOMAN. They had also received a stolen part and had no receipt. She had also found out he was seeing someone else at the same time.

So D-2016 are you getting the picture here. Its about finding out the truth not my own vendetta. If a person your in a relationship is not honest you need to know why. I could have left it I chose not to.
In the end what I did was the right thing. He was stealing from a company can you honestly say it would not bother you and you would do nothing. More fool you if you say yes.

I'm pretty sure after reading your reply and how you replied. You have been caught out doing something or someone has gone routing through your private papers or something else. Did they find something out? Is that why you answered my OP the way you did
Just saying what I see !!!
Female
JohnsGirl  Female  Bedfordshire 27-Oct-2016 18:48 Message #4662830
i think 20k is chump change compared to the money that was bieng falsley claimed by certain mps,

Sweepstakes 20k was only the money not the parts. Maybe I didnt write that clear enough. The parts was a ongoing thing. Parts over 30 yrs you do the maths.
Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 28-Oct-2016 10:51 Message #4662948
Parts over 30 yrs

sounds like he could have built his own car,lol

reminds of a guy who did that from a car plant near here,
he stole all the parts and built one in his back garden,
only problem was when he finished it he couldnt get it out the gate,lol
Female
JohnsGirl  Female  Bedfordshire 28-Oct-2016 16:35 Message #4662987
I guess he could of but he couldnt drive used to ride a motor bike.

Such as life onwards and upwards. It ended up in the local paper at the time.

If you dont want to get caught dont do it in the first place. Ive got no time for crap like that.
Male
Coronto  Male  Devon 29-Oct-2016 13:32 Message #4663130
Johnny Cash sang I did it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime.
Maybe you could take legal action against his mother for playing crime indoctrination C&W music to him as a child?
Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 29-Oct-2016 13:38 Message #4663131
coronto,
i always wanted to shoot a man in reno, just to watch him die,

i never guessed thats where my problems may have stemed from.lol
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 29-Oct-2016 13:58 Message #4663135
20k may seem like a chunk of change compared to what some people steal or swindle, but thats no the point is it? How can you trust someone who steels and lies? If you're married you can be held liable for a spouses debts, even if you had no knowlege of them and it was a personal loan or something in their name.

Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 29-Oct-2016 14:13 Message #4663137
where im from hen,
we have a saying, you can trust a thief but never a liar.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 29-Oct-2016 21:33 Message #4663162
I would have confronted him and then DUMPED him. If he had stolen from me I would have reported him to the police, but I would not have been in touch with his boss or anyone else.
Female
JohnsGirl  Female  Bedfordshire 30-Oct-2016 01:16 Message #4663183
I find it amusing some tell me what they would do in my situation. That was not the question...

If he had stolen from me I would have reported him to the police, but I would not have been in touch with his boss or anyone else.

Victoriana stealing things from you ? He didnt steal anything from me ???
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 30-Oct-2016 05:54 Message #4663185
I find it amusing the way some people appear to be so possessive over a thread and seem to think others should only stick to the original question when replying!
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 30-Oct-2016 08:12 Message #4663199
Depends whether it is a conversation, or a quiz, I guess.
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 30-Oct-2016 08:17 Message #4663202
I would have dumped him ... Can't bear dishonesty ... I wouldn't grass him up though ... I'm not a bitter person and plus I'm a eastender and we never grass lol
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 30-Oct-2016 09:55 Message #4663226
"I find it amusing some tell me what they would do in my situation. That was not the question..."

I think the person S/He behind JohnsGirl really needs to go back and read the opening post, it clearly states at the end of the post ... "So what would you do or has this happened to you."

Andy Mac
Female
JohnsGirl  Female  Bedfordshire 30-Oct-2016 10:54 Message #4663232
Nigel you give me far to much attention its embarrassing
Female
JohnsGirl  Female  Bedfordshire 30-Oct-2016 11:39 Message #4663242
Joolsy I'm not bitter far from it. As for grassing him up lol its up to you if you let guys walk all over you I dont.
Female
JohnsGirl  Female  Bedfordshire 30-Oct-2016 11:56 Message #4663245
I dont need to Andy even you dont know what your talking about lol.

I will help you...

I dont ...have any vendetta never did.
Did I mention anything about...music. I guess one thought I person did.
He didnt steal anything from me... He stole a car part for my car.
Others are replying with their thoughts on what I did ...not on what they would do.

The post was to hear their thoughts and how they would react to the situation if they were in it.

Perhaps some misread
Perhaps some misunderstood

One thing was clearly shown in some of their replies was their personality

Interesting at the very least Andy :)
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 30-Oct-2016 12:12 Message #4663248
Yes JohnsGirl, just as your two personalities show very clearly in a lot of your posts, like officious, unquestionable and you definitely asked the question ... "So what would you do or has this happened to you."

Andy Mac

1 2 3 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »