Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Contact

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Female
Tingles  Female  Hertfordshire 5-Jul-2015 21:25 Message #4574344
no not touching you pervs!

What is considered decent contact in a relationship?

Spent sometime with a close friend and he said his girlfriend hardly ever returns texts, never phones or answers the phone and goes days, sometimes up to nearly a week before she texts.

He isn't overly texty, once a day but gets nothing back until she is ready.

She works part time and when they are together she constantly checks her facebook/twitter or does those games on the phone.

Personally I think it's ignorant.

Is this the way society is now? People put online and games before people and relationships?
Male
RumBassiousPenguin  Male  Essex 29-Jul-2015 01:29 Message #4579176
Very much so. Some ...maybe many people love - and live - life in a cyber world. Go on a train, go to the gym, most people have iPods or mobiles surgically attached. Maybe they just don't want to speak!

It's sad, very sad.
Male
Eljer  Male  North London 29-Jul-2015 03:54 Message #4579177
hmmm..she's probably playing online games with another bloke.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 29-Jul-2015 06:11 Message #4579184
The description sounds more like that of a wayward teenage child. It does not sound like a relationship if any kind.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 29-Jul-2015 07:10 Message #4579196
Sounds like she ain't really into him - she's a player, whether that's blokes or games is debatable.
I wouldn't waste my time...NEXT!!...
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 29-Jul-2015 08:26 Message #4579206
Whatever, doesn't sound much like he is uppermost in her thoughts.
But we only hear his side of the story. What if he has given the impression that he is happy with the status quo? Perhaps she doesn't even realise that she is his girlfriend?
Male
Seasons-Greetings  Male  Essex 29-Jul-2015 09:26 Message #4579214
If you can't beat 'em join 'em. If she's constantly on faceache then why doesn't he just friend her on that.
That way he can chat there and also see who else is getting some action with her.
Simples.
Male
Leyson  Male  South East London 29-Jul-2015 10:01 Message #4579222
I agree with Minnie, sounds as though he needs to have a serious chat with her.

Yes, sadly some people with OCD do appear to put online games before people and relationships.
Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 29-Jul-2015 14:41 Message #4579262
i dont know your friend or his girlfriend,

if my ""girlfriend"" didnt call back or answer the phone, she would be dumped (by text) quicker than she could say candy crush saga,
Female
Tingles  Female  Hertfordshire 29-Jul-2015 15:22 Message #4579265
oh dear I'd forgotten about this, it was so long ago

Anyway, little update, she knows they are dating although that is now no longer the case.

He was good enough to take my advice, if they don't know to put technology before you then the relationship is never going to work and he should get out now before it goes any further.

And yes she was cheating, she admitted to talking sexually online to other men.

Nice!

He is a decent friend and I've known him for a long time, we once had a relationship for 4 years and remain very close friends so I know him very well. He is not one to speak ill of people and to be honest I've never heard him say a bad word about anyone, not even anyone he works with so for him to come with an issue was a bit weird lol
Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 29-Jul-2015 15:31 Message #4579268
hmmm,
when someone is more interested in the phone than the person they are with,its usually not a good sign, :)
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 29-Jul-2015 15:34 Message #4579270
OMG what a lucky guy, she could have my phone number any day ;-)

TBH the next girlfriend i have i’m not going to give her my phone number after my last encounter, txt after txt after txt and that was when she was supposed to be at work so you can imagine what it was like when she wasn’t unless of course she was entertaining and you can make from that whatever you want.

If i didn’t return a txt within a few moments, boy, their was hell to play, don’t even get me started on FaceBook … a photo appeared of me with three girls and two guys, one of the girls was sat next to me with her arm through mine, OMFG did i get hell for that, OMG yes and the three girls were my daughters and the two guys were my son’s and if i ever spoke to any of my friends on FaceBook and put a x when i’d finished their would be a Spanish inquisition :-( and did i suffer :-(

TBH if your with the right person there’s no need for all this table tennis txt’ing, with the right person things will go smoothly but to never return calls or txt’s at all is a bit of a bugger especially over a few days and definitely disrespectful if it go’s over a week especially if your supposed to be in a relationship, IMHO

Andy Mac
Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 29-Jul-2015 15:40 Message #4579271
i think id rather a bit of waterboarding than the insomniac bunny boiler i met once andy,
im sure drowning would be better than mundane txt and sleep deprivation, lol

3am, hi what you up too texts, lmao
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 29-Jul-2015 15:44 Message #4579272
Yeah and worse still is them turning up at your door at 3am wearing not much more than a smile, hammering on your door so the whole street is awake, pissed out their head and the bumper of their car hanging off n dragging on the floor :-(

Andy Mac

Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 29-Jul-2015 16:03 Message #4579275
Did you let her in?
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 29-Jul-2015 16:11 Message #4579279
Let her in ... i didn't have much choice, it was either that or angry neighbours and if i'd sent her away in the condition she was in i would be endangering her and others.

Andy Mac
Male
Eljer  Male  North London 29-Jul-2015 16:28 Message #4579282
jue know.. ive never ever hit a woman in my whole life.. and proud of it .. but if that had happened to me andy.. then i would have twisted her eye lashes straight out of her bonc.. the bitch.. lol ;)
Female
Tingles  Female  Hertfordshire 29-Jul-2015 16:52 Message #4579284
Why would you even consider letting her in?

After all that agro you mentioned getting from her, my first thought would be to call the police and have her removed from the premises and not allow her into your home.
Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 29-Jul-2015 17:27 Message #4579287
i dont know many men would turn a half naked women away from the door,angry with them or not, lol
Male
Seasons-Greetings  Male  Essex 29-Jul-2015 18:12 Message #4579292
You gotta point there !!
Female
wholelottakaren  Female  Lincolnshire 29-Jul-2015 19:12 Message #4579308
bit too much info there andy
Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire 29-Jul-2015 19:13 Message #4579309
too much info, lol a few pics would have been great, lol
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 29-Jul-2015 19:53 Message #4579319
Oh, is that so wholelottakaren, what should i do then, put on my white woollen mittens and pretend it never happened!!! ?

Lol at Manon, Oh i've got the photos as well and no they are not for public viewing!

Andy Mac
Female
Tingles  Female  Hertfordshire 29-Jul-2015 20:54 Message #4579332
Nobody is saying you should pretend it never happened but you obviously have problems with someone from your past and you should deal with that person and the problems you had with them and any built up anger/emotions you obviously still have and then you can move on in a healthier way.

I can understand how upsetting it is to be in a relationship that is unhealthy for both parties and in the end you have nothing left but bad memories and you don't take any happiness from that relationship with you when you part company.

I have been in a similar situation, my last partner lied, cheated and did things that to be honest I never thought anyone I loved and wanted to spend my life with would ever do to me.

But in the end I had to deal with who he was, the scars he left me with and move on.

Now I am in position to be able to help a close friend whose partner has done similar things to her and it makes me happy that I can help her and give her not just emotional support but practical help as well.
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 29-Jul-2015 21:12 Message #4579337
Oh, is that so wholelottakaren, what should i do then, put on my white woollen mittens and pretend it never happened!!! ?

Lol at Manon, Oh i've got the photos as well and no they are not for public viewing!

Andy Mac

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »